The Redistricting Process
Every 10 years, local governments use new data from the Census to redraw their district lines to reflect how local populations have changed. State law requires Cities and Counties to engage communities in the redistricting process by holding Public Hearings and doing public outreach, including to underrepresented and non-English-speaking communities.
The finalized map will define the Lemoore City Council district borders, and these districts will impact how you elect your Council Members for the next 10 years.
Share your specific thoughts:
- Submit written testimony about the process or a specific map to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to see the calendar of public hearings at which you can speak about the process.
At the hearings, we want you to:
- Share your story
- Define your neighborhood or community of interest
- Explain why redistricting is relevant to your community
- Share your opinions
- Talk to your neighbors and local organizations